Coolant protects your engine from freezing or overheating, but its effectiveness can diminish over time.
A cooling system failure is the number one reason for automotive breakdown on our nation’s highways. Unlike a flat tire, you can’t stop and put on a spare. Trust A.J. McKay to get your vehicle operating at the right temperature. Our ASE-certified technicians will efficiently have you back on the road with a properly maintained cooling system!
Recommended interval: Every 6,000 miles or every 6 months
Cooling System Warning Signs:
- Your vehicle overheats.
- Your coolant light comes on.
- Your temperature gauges reads higher or lower than normal.
- Your heater does not work.
- Your engine runs poorly or uses excess fuel.
- You smell antifreeze (sweet moist smell).
Our Cooling System Maintenance Service Includes:
- Pressure check the cooling system and radiator cap for external leaks with filler cap and neck adapter and tester
- Check crankcase oil and automatic transmission fluid for water content and levels
- Test coolant thermostat with radiator thermometer
- Check temperature gauge for accuracy
- Chemical flush compound
- Drain system
- Clean foreign matter from radiator fins (if needed)
- Check fan blades and pulleys for alignment and damage
- External inspection of all hoses for cracks, swelling, brittleness and deterioration
- Check engine core plugs, (where possible)
- Refill system with correct coolant type, check and bleed for air locks
- Check condition and tension of drive belts
- Includes up to 2 gallons of coolant or proper type for vehicle and 1 chemical flush compound
Call us today (480) 985-2435